Saturday, October 11, 2008

Viceroy Tournament

In the morning we all arose for the day ahead. Michka & Janna had gotten some new garb for their journey and it looked really good. I unfortunately did not get my garb finished, but alas I had other things to wear so we were all in good shape. Before dressing in garb, we opted to get breakfast first so that we would minimize the amount we scared the "mundanes".

We dropped over to the services and got Breakfast Baps in true English style. With stomachs full, water purchased for the day and our selection of caffeine having been made, we headed back to the hotel to get changed into garb and checked out. I wish I could have bottled Michka's energy to pull on for the rest of the day, I think he had more than enough energy to keep all 4 of us going as well as a small army. I found our guests' enthusiasm contageous.

We arrived at the event site and got squared away. David got dressed in his armor and we got things carted out to the field. We opted to leave most things in the vehicle secured and get things out as we needed them since we really didn't have a place to store anything, having not stayed on site. Once the tournament was ready to start I had found out that I would be sitting up front for the entire tournament which meant that I wouldn't be able to take video or pictures as I had planned. Michka & Janna came to the rescue and took the footage and photos for us. Their professionalism radiated throught the shots they took and we are most grateful that they were willing to spend their time "working". You can see the photos and video by going to our personal website, Viceroy Tournament.

While David fought hard and made it to the finals, the day was not his in the end and Clancy won the list.


While David headed off for a meeting; Michka, Janna and myself grabbed a quick bite to eat and I got changed so we could enjoy some Fencing. The fencers on site were a few but dedicated bunch and we enjoyed our time thoroughly. Both Michka & Janna had improved since the last time I fenced against them and I was enjoying fencing with all participants. The ground was slightly uneven and soft in places which we were all dealing with but I think I was the only one to completely loose my footing and make a fool of myself. Ah well, I didn't get hurt and no one else did too so it's all good. I was told afterward that everyone watching just thought it was a dramatic death on my part.





With a quick pick up and change, we headed up for court. David and I were asked to sit head table and we were honored at the request but didnt' want to leave our guests. Michka & Janna were wonderful and said that we should sit head table and they would be just fine . . matter of fact, Janna had already volunteered to serve feast so she was already "spoken for". Janna had another change of clothes up her sleeve and she looked wonderful for evening feast.

As we left the feast hall with tummys full of all sorts of wonderful dishes and heads full of all sorts of wonderful memories we felt exhausted but it was a good type of exhaustion. With that, we headed home to get our rest for the full day planned tomorrow.

No comments: