Monday, October 6, 2008

Wonderful Surprise

Today is David and my first anniversary (or at least the one that we agreed ahead of time that we would celebrate). It's hard to believe that it's been one full year since we had the big wedding and started living together as a married couple. The time has gone by so quickly and has been filled with so many adventures and new experiences. It's all be quite wonderful.

David, being extraordinarily wonderful, bought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers for our anniversary and brought them home at lunch time. He snuck into the house and placed them in the kitchen and then after he'd been home a bit, asked me to get him a bottle of water. I was so very surprised to see the beautiful flowers sitting and waiting for me. He was so happy with himself that he'd been able to surprise me.

While I can't capture the wonderful floral smell that currently exists in our kitchen, I thought I would (at least) share the color and beauty. I placed the arrangement in one of the vases given to us for a wedding gift. While this isn't the first time it's held flowers, as I had cut some from the rose bushes earlier in the year, it is the first time that it's held a full bouquet! I'm hoping that these lovelies will last at least a week, but I know their memory will last with me longer.

I am so very lucky to have David as my husband!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I have to comment that David is a great son-in-law. Love to you both, Mom/Kris