Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kenilworth - Yes, Again!

Okay, okay so what can I say . . I like this castle and I wanted my Mom to see it. So there! Besides we were due to check in and see how the gardens were coming along. Although the weather could have cooperated better with our plans.

As you can see, the skies were overcast and gray and although it wasn't raining it sure was windy and cold! With all the open ground to be covered, the weather wasn't helping.

Despite the cold, my mom humored me by posing by the Norman Keep portion of the Castle.


We checked through the Keep fairly quickly and decided to get in on the last of the tour time for the Gatehouse. Which gave us a bit to get warmed back up before we headed back out into the cold wind.


We checked back in on the gardens and I must say they are coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to 2009 when the Aviary is filled and the plants all begin to bloom. By that time, the fountain is also said to be in place. Wonderful!


With the cold, Mom and David headed for the cafe while I tried for some more photos since this was the first time I'd returned to Kenilworth with the new camera.


The cafe was unfortunately closed for the day so there would be no hot cocoa to warm our bones. But the shop was still open and there was still shopping to be done so back we headed where I found a new book on Dudley & Elizabeth to read and Mom found some additional Christmas Presents.

Kenilworth never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: