Monday, April 5, 2010

After a trip to the doc today and then over for some x-rays, it's been confirmed . . the only thing permanently hurt by my fall was my pride. There is no fracture evident in the x-rays so it appears that the pain is just bruising of the muscle and bone. The doc says to ice it twice a day and keep taking ibuprofen every 6 hours for the next several days. I'm hopeful that it will do the trick and get me back to the semi-active lifestyle I was enjoying.

I just wrote K to see if she wouldn't mind a shorter and more leisurely walk tomorrow to see how it goes and get me out of the house. Besides, I don't believe in favoring injuries longer than necessary and now that I know I didn't actually break anything it's time to whip the muscles back into shape before they forget which direction they were heading. (laughing)

Off to Council meeting shortly . . I should probably gather my thoughts for my report. But I'll probably spend the last few minutes I have at home this evening working on the fabric shelves since I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in their organization (as well as what I have on hand) which is inspiring me to do some sewing this week. I didn't take a "before" picture but I may just post an "after" picture.

No comments: