Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!! He is Risen - He is Risen Indeed!!

Today was a nice day. A little bit of relaxation mixed with just the right amount of stuff we needed to get done.

We started by going to the Club for Easter Brunch. It was really nice and we saw some of the people we know also enjoying the opportunity. On our walk back home we walked along the gate and looked down to the beaches nearby. The day was beautiful, sunny, warmish with a breeze to chill everything back down. When we arrived back home I rested by bum leg with some ice packs while David enjoyed some time gaming on the computer downstairs.

Around 3:30 pm, I had been dozing, when I felt something strange. When I opened my eyes I saw the blinds swaying slightly as well as the chandelier in the dining room swinging. I made the only assessment I could - I must have been experiencing an earthquake. Although there have been 3 or so since we moved here, somehow I've never felt them before this one so it was quite the experience. David didn't feel it because he was in the basement and evidently if you are below ground you don't notice things like earthquakes.

We put up the new shelving unit in the garage and did some reorganizing out there. We weren't able to get everything up off the floor and onto shelves but we certainly did clear a lot of floor space. David used the opportunity to swing a stick at the pell in the newly cleared space and now we have room for those drills that we're both promising we're going to be starting. Of course my leg has to get better before I do anything resembling a lunge. I think I'll be going to the doc for x-rays on Monday . . which reminds me I need to email K that I won't be able to walk tomorrow.

After garage organization we took some more downtime and then I worked some in the back room with the fabric. I've emptied almost all my fabric tubs onto the shelving units and David put the third up for me tonight. I've found that separating fabric by type on the shelves is a good idea but I'm going to have to do some rearranging of the shelves as some of the types are full and I just ran across a couple of tubs that contain a little bit of everything. Given that revelation I decided that I was done for the time being.

Dinner tonight is an exciting frozen pizza since we had decided not to do an Easter dinner since we were going to do the brunch thing and I totally forgot to plan anything for dinner by taking something out of the freezer.

So I'll leave this as I started it - HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: